Peace of Mind Warranty
You can rest easy when purchasing from Shelden Healthcare with your peace of mind warranty. For an additional cost, your new bed/hoist/dynamic mattress is covered with our “Peace of Mind” Warranty.
Your Peace of Mind Warranty Covers:
- Electrical Parts
Key Peace of mind Warranty points:
- Trained engineer on site within 48 hours
- We will loan or replace your faulty item if deemed necessary
- We help keep you up and running
- No hassle or stress caused to patient/yourself
- Parts and labour covered
- In house telephone product support
The cost of a peace of mind warranty is £100 for a year service, this includes unlimited call outs and free repairs on anything with confirmed manufacturer faults.
A standard warranty only covers you with the manufacturer, this means if the equipment was to fail you would need to send it back to us at your cost to be looked at by them. This process is a 10-14 working day lead time once the item has been delivered to us by you, the peace of mind warranty means that we will come to you, repair on site if possible, if not, we will make the process much smoother and less stressful for all parties involved by either replacing the faulty item or loaning a new one until the repairs have been carried out.
We understand that things can go wrong, so at Shelden Healthcare, we offer the peace of mind warranty to ensure we get you up and running hassle free and fast.
Terms and conditions of warranty:
- Peace of mind warranty is a warranty and not an insurance policy, meaning this does not cover accidental damage or any issues caused by misuse
- Any damage to be found to be caused by user error or accidental damage will be chargeable to the customer, payment for any parts and call out will need to be paid before the repair is carried out.
- Peace of mind warranty is valid in the UK only.
- We aim to have your bed up and running within 48 hours of the reported issue, this does not include weekends.
- Warranty claims must be reported as soon as possible, preferably in writing with accompanying photos of the issue.
- Fair use and wear and tear will not be covered.
- Warranty is chargeable per year from the purchase date of the item.
- If in the unlikely event that we can not uphold to the 48-hour timeframe, contact will be made, and the earliest appointment will be given.
- Peace of mind warranty is valid for mainland England only.
General Warranty Terms
The terms below are subject to individual product warranties but serve as a general warranty policy for Shelden Healthcare UK Ltd that specifically covers care equipment.
If an item is faulty, we will need to establish proof of purchase and to ascertain whether an item is faulty or whether it has failed due to misuse. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies if a fault occurs within 14 calendar days of delivery, and that item can be returned for a choice of a refund, repair or replacement. From 14 days to 6 months from delivery, any faulty item can be returned for a repair or replacement so long as the fault lies with the product rather than any misuse. If we have already repaired or replaced and the item becomes faulty again, then you can claim a refund or a price reduction should you wish to keep the item. After six months, the onus is on the customer to "prove" that the product is faulty. In any case, if we cannot agree on the cause of the fault, we may wish to obtain a second opinion - for example, from the manufacturer or an independent expert. Where an independent expert is to be used we will seek to agree to this in writing with the customer.
Exceptions to Warranty
A consumer cannot claim for defects that are brought to their attention before the sale, or if the consumer examines the goods before purchase and any defects should have been obvious.
A consumer cannot claim for damage they cause or if they simply change their mind about wanting the goods.
A consumer cannot claim if they chose the product themselves for a purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to Shelden Healthcare UK Ltd and they then find that the item is simply unsuitable for that purpose.
A consumer has no rights to claim for faults that appear as a result of fair wear and tear.
Warranty Terms for Care Equipment
1. Our standard warranty is for 12 months for new products unless stated otherwise and 6 months for reconditioned goods - all of which start from the date of delivery unless otherwise agreed in writing. Extended Warranties apply to some products. Any extension to standard warranty terms will be detailed at time of purchase. 2. The warranty will cover parts and labour 3. The warranty will not cover Customer damage, misuse or abuse 4. Warranty requests should be sent to Shelden Healthcare UK Ltd by email or post quoting the product serial code, date of delivery, service and maintenance history and details of the product fault 5. Our standard Warranty covers UK mainland deliveries only. 6. The warranty will not affect your statutory rights or rights given in Shelden Healthcare UK Terms & Conditions of Service
Conditions of Warranty
1. The product must be installed to the instructions given in the appropriate manual for that product 2. The product must be commissioned by a person authorised by Shelden Healthcare UK, failure to do so may invalidate the warranty. 3. Unauthorised modifications will invalidate the warranty