Unihoist manual bath hoist bath/ commode chair side arm
Put simply, VAT exemption allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% rather than 20% VAT - thus saving them a significant amount of money. It is normally far easier to claim this exemption when buying online. Online shops, like ourselves, are set up to allow you to answer simple questions, in the comfort of your own home. High Street retailers are generally not.Find out more about VAT exemption
- Fitter wrap around arms
The Unihoist bath hoist and commode is a fixed floor hoist complete with a commode chair. The hoist can cycle through numerous angles to ensure the client can be lifted from various positions. This hoist is perfect for transferring in a controlled way, to and from the bath.
The strong and durable design is easy to operate, which provides safety for the carer while offering the patient the chance to bathe independently.
Considerations when choosing a bath hoist
This bath hoist is to help a person with limited mobility have a bath. NB the user will need the assistance of a second person/carer to use the bath hoist.
This type of bath hoist can be used with most standard domestic bath tubs.
- If you want the bath lift to sit behind the bath/behind your head choose the End Arm Bath lift
- If you want the bath lift to sit at the side of the bath choose Side Arm Bath lift
- NB Bath hoist is ambidextrous so fits on either side of the bath.
- If your floor is a wooden floor, the floor will need to be strengthened prior to fitting the Bath Hoist fitted (fixing kit supplied) These remedial works would need to be completed by a local builder.
- If concrete floor the hoist will need to be fixed with large concrete floor fittings(supplied), consider thickness of concrete and be aware of damaging heated floors
Choose either manual or battery operated/electric lifter
- NB electric bath hoist has batteries recharged outside bathroom and supplied with low voltage charger.
- Choose standard chair for best value
- Commode chair can assist with toileting
- Or the transporter chair used to transfer immobile person on the chair from bedroom to bathroom
Consider a service contract although these bath lifts are very strong and robust.
For care homes make sure the bath lift is LOLER tested by a reputable company. Shelden Healthcare UK can provide this service and installation if required.( excluding works to the floor.
|Max Lifting Weight||Up to 150kg|